Student Subsidy Information & Instructions
The AMEN board generously offers a subsidy to currently enrolled medical and dental students (& their spouse) to attend the AMEN annual conference in Indian Wells, CA October 26 – 29, 2023. The board is committed to mentoring young physicians and dentists so they can begin their careers not only as medical professionals but as true medical evangelists right from the beginning.
AMEN’s goal is to teach you how to become medical evangelists. We are confident that you will respect the board’s generosity by attending the meetings while at the AMEN conference. However, due to past no shows and last-minute cancellations that cost AMEN thousands of dollars, you must do the following in order to qualify for the subsidy:
- Be a currently enrolled medical/dental student at an accredited medical/dental school.*+
- Be committed to medical evangelism and the mission of AMEN and the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Be/become an AMEN member. Join AMEN now(Student membership is only $25 and it lasts the entire time you’re in school!).
- Apply for the student subsidy– this is done during the registration process by selecting the student subsidy category. You will be fully registered (including lodging and meals) once the application is approved.
- Apply by Sunday October 1, 2023.
- Pay a REFUNDABLE $100 deposit. You will be refunded UNLESS you do not show up or if you cancel AFTEROctober 15, 2023. Your refundable $100 deposit may be made by credit card during the application process OR by mailing a check to:
PO Box 2528
Greeneville, TN 37744
Please write STUDENT ATTENDEE DEPOSIT on the memo line of the check so your check will not be cashed. Checks will be destroyed and credit card deposits will refunded by November 15, 2023 UNLESS you do not show up or if you cancel AFTER October 15, 2023.
Subsidy Inclusions – for medical/dental student and their spouse:
- Conference Registration
- Complimentary Parking
- Incidentals at the hotel (such as room service)
- Child registration/meals (Children are welcome to attend and stay in the room with their parents. However, they DO need to be registered, to obtain a discounted rate, please use the discount code resident. This will give you 50% of the child rates.)
*Note AMEN has limited funds for student subsidies therefore, subsidies are approved on a first come first serve basis as long as all requirements are met.
+AMEN wishes we could provide subsidy for all healthcare students but due to limited funds we are unable to. However, we ARE committed to mentoring ALL healthcare students so we would like to offer you 50% off registration. Please email email@example.com for instructions. We hope students in a variety of healthcare fields will join us this year as we come together to learn how to share Christ through living ‘In His Presence’.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you in Indian Wells. God bless you as you work and study for Him!