The AMEN board generously offers a subsidy to currently enrolled medical and dental students (& their spouse) to attend the AMEN annual conference in Indian Wells, CA October 28 – 31, 2021. The board is committed to mentoring young physicians and dentists so they can begin their careers not only as medical professionals but as true medical evangelists right from the beginning.
AMEN’s goal is to teach you how to become medical evangelists. We are confident that you will respect the board’s generosity by attending the meetings while at the AMEN conference. However, due to past no shows and last-minute cancellations that cost AMEN thousands of dollars, you must do the following in order to qualify for the subsidy:
- Be a currently enrolled medical/dental student at an accredited medical/dental school.*^
- Be committed to medical evangelism and the mission of AMEN and the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Be/become an AMEN member. Join AMEN now (Student membership is only $25 and it lasts the entire time you’re in school!).
- Apply for the student subsidy – this is done during the registration process by selecting the student subsidy category. You will be fully registered (including lodging and meals) once the application is approved. AMEN will take care of all arrangements. You do NOT need to book your own hotel room.
- Apply by Tuesday October 5, 2021.
- Pay a REFUNDABLE $100 deposit. You will be refunded UNLESS you do not show up or if you cancel AFTER October 17, 2021. Your refundable $100 deposit may be made via PayPal during the application process OR by mailing a check to:
PO Box 398
Weed, CA 96094-0398
Please write STUDENT ATTENDEE DEPOSIT on the memo line of the check so your check will not be cashed. Checks will be destroyed and PayPal deposits refunded by November 12, 2021 UNLESS you do not show up or if you cancel AFTER October 17, 2021.
Subsidy Inclusions – for medical/dental student and their spouse:
- Conference Registration
- Child registration/meals (Children are welcome to attend and stay in the room with their parents. However they DO need to be registered. Children of students qualify for 50% off. Use code: student94 to obtain the discounted rates.
- Incidentals at the hotel (such as room service, bike rental, etc)
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you in Indian Wells. God bless you as you work and study for Him!
*Note: Although AMEN hopes to accommodate all the student subsidy applications, funds are limited. Therefore, applications are approved on a first come, first serve basis as long as the requirements are met.
^We at AMEN wish we could provide subsidy for all healthcare students but funds do not allow that at this time. However, AMEN is committed to mentoring ALL healthcare students and we invite you to join us at the conference. We offer 50% off registration rates for students who do not qualify for the subsidy. Use student94 to obtain the special discount for you and your family. We hope students in a variety of healthcare fields will join us this year as we come together to learn how to share Christ more effectively ‘While It Is Day‘. It takes ALL of us, working together for His cause!